Saturday, July 9, 2011

Almost accepted!!!!

Well as ya'll already know we sent in our application to America World last week. I have been in agony since then waiting to hear the words that we were accepted into the Ethiopian Adoption program! As I was at the beach this past week with my inlaws I patiently waited for something! Any news!!!! As I was sitting in the living room of the beach house we were staying at I heard Ben say we got an email from Sara from AWAA. My stomach immediately started doing flips!! I was so nervous and wondering why she didn't call and sent an email instead!  I looked at the email and immediately realized that this was not that magical moment of hearing we were in the program! (darn!) Sara had a couple of more questions for us and of course a couple of more forms to fill out! One of the forms is truly a blessing from the Lord. America World gives full time pastors a 25% discount off their program fees. I am MORE than willing to fill out that form! The other is a monthly expenses form to let them know where our money goes each month. At first I thought this seemed a little redundant considering we filled out that stuff on our application but as Ben reminded me they want to make sure that we are financially stable and to also prepare US for cutting back and really taking a step back to see where our money is going and to see how we save for this adoption. Another thing Sara told me (and something I knew already) was that the first phase of the adoption (program fees, homestudy, dossier) costs around $5,000. Please pray that we can pay that at the time that it is needed. I know that God will provide as he is providing already! There were a few other things she wanted to know and so I sent her an email back answering those questions. I sent this email on a Friday afternoon knowing I wouldn't get a reply back until Monday. I truly truly believe that this short time waiting is preparing me for the long wait that I know is coming. So all that to say I hope to hear that we are accepted very soon and then we can move on to all the paperwork!!!

We ask that you continue to pray for us and pray about how you could help support us during this process. ( Buy a cool shirt!!!!) We thank the Lord for everyone's prayers and encouragement thus far and to those of you who have sacrificed by giving towards our adoption through just giving and buying tshirts!
There are times during the day that I ache to see my other son and I dream about the day I can hold him and tell him that I am his Mama. Pray for me (and Ben) as we pray for our son who may or may not even be born yet or even if he is, pray for his safety, health, and pray that he is being cared for and loved as he waits for us to bring him home.
Please continue to pray for us as we raise the funds needed, our application to be accepted so we can start the paperwork and homestudy, wisdom for me and Ben (creating a budget that will allow us to set back the money we want to save each month for the adoption, and obtaining all the info for the dossier), sprititually (Satan must really really hate adoption!!!) He will stop at nothing to tear me and my family away from his will and plan. Just pray that our attitudes would be Christlike and that we would lean on him and serve him daily!!! I have been listening to a song lately about waiting. I am sure that some of you have heard it from the movie Fireproof, but it is truly what I am feeling right now.

We love all of you and know without a shadow of a doubt that God is moving through this process and thank you again for lifting our family up to him in your prayers. 2 Corinthians 5: 14-15


No comments:

Post a Comment